Today's prompt from Mama Kat is:
What lights your fire? Describe five things you are most passionate about.
- Family - Not just being a mom, everything about family. Extended family and friends that feel like family. All are so important to me. (Click the link, it is one of my favorite posts)
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - I know that there is no 'saving' the environment, but I can help lessen the damage. I want there to still be beautiful places when my son is old enough to enjoy them, and then when his children are old enough to enjoy them. I try to incorporate these principals into all areas of my life.
- Busting Stereotypes - I am not an idiot. I know that there is some truth in stereotypes; they came from somewhere. There are Jewish bankers, flamboyant homosexuals, bad woman drivers, lazy poor people, and some African Americans do like grape soda. But I want everyone to understand that not everyone is like that. Not everyone follows the stereotype. I actually find it a bit annoying when people do. Like that kid in high school that everyone said was gay, but he adamantly denied it, then turns out that he is. That makes me a little sad.
- Conscientious Consumerism - I do not support large corporations. Especially the ones that treat their employees poorly.
- Health Care - So many people I know and love have been affected by the crappy health care system we have here. I know how many times I was sick and could not go to the doctors because I could not afford it. Seeing people I love struggle with disease and medical bills. It is not right.